With yesterday marking the first official day of fall, it’s time to say adios to summer 2014! Summer 2014 was one of my favorites with attending HerConference, meeting my favorite bloggers, hanging out with friends, traveling to Boston, and my sisters’ weddings! Among all the excitement, my makeup collection has nearly tripled and I’ve gained some new favorites.
1. Younique Cream Foundation ($32) – When my consultant, Jamie, sent me this product to review I had no idea how much I would fall in love with this foundation. It has a great buildable coverage and leaves my skin looking fresh and dewy (not oily). It stay put all day and is well worth the $32 price tag. You can read my review of Younique products here.
2. Maybelline The Nudes Palette ($9.99) – This is the only drugstore makeup palette of it’s kind that I have found and really enjoyed. Some people are criticizing it a bit harshly by comparing it to the quality of Urban Decay (helllllo, it’s a drugstore beauty product, of course it’s not going to be as great as the luxury line counterpart!). I have found this affordable palette to be a great go-to especially when creating a look for girls night out! I have a thorough review of this product coming soon.
3. Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stain ($9.99) – These lip glosses come in gorgeous colors. While the gloss itself doesn’t stay glossy, the color definitely sticks around for quite some time. I included this gloss in my girls night out makeup tutorial because it’s perfect for long nights out!
4. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($23) – 100% worth the price tag! This mascara lengthens, curls, and adds volume to my lashes. I’m in love. I’m also in love with using this product in combination with Younique’s 3D Fiber Lashes for extreme lashes.
5. Tresemme Split End Remedy ($5.39) – I previously wrote about this product during my big healthy hair tutorial! I apply this product everyday after my shower and it has transformed my hair in being more healthy looking. When used with my argan oil shampoo, my split ends are hardly noticeable.
6. Neutrogena MoistureSmooth Color Stick ($8.99) – I loved lip crayons this summer and this one is no exception! It’s pencil shape makes it so easy to apply. It kept my lips moisturized and the pigment was subtle which makes it perfect for easy summer days off when you don’t want to wear a lot of makeup.
7. Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo ($5.99) – Back in may I listed Pantene’s Dry Shampoo as one of my Spring Beauty Favorites. Well, I recently switched to Tresemme’s Dry Shampoo and haven’t looked back. This formula is even better and I’m already on my third bottle. It leaves my hair smelling fantastic and leaves it looking grease-free all day. I also use dry shampoo when teasing my hair and find that it holds even better than hairspray! (More on Pantene’s Dry Shampoo in a future “beauty empties” post coming soon!)
8. Too Faced Bonjour Soeil Bronzing Wardrobe ($44) – This was a summer essential for me and well worth the price. The Too Faced bronzers are amazing and I love that they leave a natural bronze look rather than a dirty or orange look. Check out my full review of this bronzer palette here.
9. NYX Blush in “Peach” ($5.99) – This has been my go-to blush all summer. It leaves a natural and pretty flush and has just a hint of shimmer. I found the formula to be blendable and pigmented. Normally one swipe of the brush is enough color for me!
What were your must have products this summer?